Hi everyone 🙂
Today I thought that I would share another one of my favourite recipes to make – Chocolate Cornflake Crunchies. This dessert requires minimal effort and only 4 ingredients! Making it a very inexpensive and easy recipe to make.
- Weighing scales
- Mixing bowl
- Pan (x 2)
- Heatproof bowl
- 8 oz cornflakes (supermarket own brand cereal is safe for coeliacs – according to my dietician)
- 4 oz butter or margarine
- 4 medium sized chocolate bars (Cadbury’s chocolate is my personal preference!)
- As much golden syrup as you want!
- Measure out the butter/margarine using your weighing scales and then put them into your large mixing bowl.
- Add the golden syrup into the same mixing bowl (2 – 4 large spoons) and then either place this in the microwave for 2 minutes on mid-heat, take it out and stir it and put it in again for 2 more minutes. Or you can melt this in a pan on a hob at mid-heat.
- When the butter and golden syrup has melted together, mix this with the cornflakes in your large bowl to create the base of your dessert. Pour it into your baking tray and squish down as much as possible to make it more compact, then place this in the fridge until it’s fully set.
- Break up the chocolate bars and either microwave them for several minutes (if you do this keep checking to see if they are burnt), or you can place the broken up chocolate into a glass bowl over a pan full of water and melt them by using this slightly more reliable method.
- And finally, simply pour the melted chocolate over your cornflake base and spread out using your spatula until the chocolate is nice and smooth. Then place it back into the fridge until it the chocolate has set.
I love this recipe because it’s perfect for almost all occasions, for example this would be a really good dessert to make on Easter as you could very easily incorporate mini eggs into the recipe and place them in the melted chocolate before it sets. Or you could serve this at a birthday party for your guests; maybe even instead of a cake!
This recipe can also be very easily made dairy free for any lactose intolerant people, by simply using dairy free butter/margarine and using dairy free chocolate.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, let me know what you think of it in the comments and whether you have tried it out!